It’s Tuesday! Which means that all of the badness from the weekend was made up for yesterday… right? Why not give these Jalapeno Poppers a try? We’re suckers for a good Jalapeno recipe and this one is a gold nugget!
- 6 rashes Bacon or prosciutto (cut in half to make 12 pieces)
- 1/2 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temp (think that’s about 125g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives or spring onions
- 6 jalapeño chiles (2 – 3 inch), halved lengthwise and seeded
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- wooden toothpicks
- Set oven to 190ºC and soak about 12 toothpicks in water. Stops them burning in the oven. Line a tray with baking paper or foil.
- Mix cheese, chives, salt, pepper and paprika until combined. Spoon cheese mix evenly into Jalapeno halves.
- Wrap a piece of bacon or prosciutto around the jalapeño and secure with a soaked toothpick.
- Place jalapeno onto the lined tray and bake for 25mins or until golden and crispy and the jalapeños are tender.
- Crack open a beer, turn on the footy and enjoy them while they’re still warm.